About Michael Nunes, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- BA in Psychology in 1989 from California State University, San Diego.
- Masters of Social Work in 1994 from California State University, Fresno.
- Certification in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) from the Beck Institute in Philadelphia. I am a Beck Institute CBT Certified Clinician.
- Advanced certification from the world renowned Albert Ellis Institute in New York. I am an Associate Fellow with the Institute and certified to practice Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
- Certification through the Albert Ellis Institute which certifies me to supervise other therapists in REBT and CBT.
- Advanced certification from Christine Padesky, Ph.D. in Cognitive Therapy through the Center for Cognitive Therapy in Huntington Beach California.
- Training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing, substance abuse treatment, eating disorders, and couples therapy. This is only a partial list of my continued education.
- I have been a licensed clinical social worker since 1997.
- I have worked in private practice since 1995.
- I taught Cognitive Behavioral Therapy at California State University, Fresno in the Department of Social Work Education from 2001 to 2004.
- In addition to my private practice practice, I work at a local hospital as the Program Director in the Chemical Dependency Recovery Program.
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Albert Ellis Institute as an Associate Fellow